Sunday, November 25, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

Yay for my second award!! :) Danielle Chaney at Classroom Cupcakes passed the award on to me. Her blog is just amazing, and you can check it out by clicking her button below:
Blogs By Heather
The Leibster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs.

 
The rules:
*You must post 11 random things about yourself.
*Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
*Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
*Choose 11 blogs you love {with less than 200 followers} and link them in your post.
*No tag back {but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Leibster post so I can learn more about you!}
 
Ok, here goes. 11 things about me...
 
1. I am in love with Vampire Diaries. Specifically, I am in love with Damon on the Vampire Diaries. I wish this show was on television every night.
2. I have two amazing kitties: Scout and Teagan.
3. I'm writing a thesis right now, and I sincerely hope I never write another one ever again.
4. I've been trying to snowboard for years, and I'm still terrible at it. Though I do love anything outdoors!!!
5. I have a love for traveling. I just came back from Barcelona, Spain a few months ago. I taught ELL there. I really would love to teach abroad again or at least go explore. I want to see every continent. The next on my list is South America. I would love, love, love to visit Buenes Aires, Argentina. Or Austrailia. Melbourne or Sydney would be pretty epic.
6. I love to cook. I want to get even better with my baking skills.
7. My boyfriend's name is Adam. We've been together about 6 months.
8. I am literally the queen of sticky notes. I write down groceries, quotes, ideas, thoughts, things I must do, notes to Adam, the list goes on.
9. I have less than a year before I'm done with my Master's!!!!
10. A caramel frappachino from McD's can make anything better for me.
11. I love Jesus. (This is the real number one!!!)
 
My answers to Classroom Cupcake's questions:
 
1} If your life had a theme song, what would it be? 
All Star.I should hope.
2} Why did you choose to become a teacher?
My mom went into a coma when I was five, so I didn't get to know her for long. I do always remember how much she loved teaching and people in general. She was the most caring person I have met in my entire life. She inspired me one hundred percent.
3} Why did you start blogging?
 I really wanted to connect with more teachers from different areas! I am always pinninng, reading blogs, or on the computer so of course it was bound to happen sooner or later!
4} What has been the best thing to happen in your years as a teacher?
Watching children learn to believe in themselves. It never gets old, and it almost always brings tears. Happy tears. :)
5} Skittles or M&M's? tough.
I'd go M&M's...as long as they have peanuts.
6} What was the last book you read for you?

7} Apple or Android?
Apple!!! iPad/iPhone <3
8} If you could create a new species, what would it be?
A flying person!
ails or au naturale? Natural!
10} What food makes your mouth water just by saying it's name? pizzaaaaa
11} What are your plans for the holidays? Spend as much time with my family, boyfriend, and friends as possible, shop for my sweet angel on the angel tree, and RELAX because for a couple of weeks I won't be teaching or doing anything for my Master's. Wooohooo!
 
Now, I'd like to nominate some people for the award. I think a couple were slightly over 200, but they were just too good to pass up.
 
 
Teach * Pray * Love
Teaching and Tapas: 2nd Grade in Spain
Sparkling in Third Grade
The Teacher Wife
 
AND the following blogs....
 
http://bbeescorner2012.blogspot.com/
http://24-7teacher.blogspot.com/
 http://tis4teacher.blogspot.com/
 
Just follow the instructions and pass the new blog love around then.. answer these questions:
 
1. Who is your hero?
2. What made you want to become a teacher?
3. What makes you happy?
4. What is your favorite hobby?
5. Do you have children (outside of the 20 some we love every day at school)?? If not, do you want kids one day?
6. What is your favorite blog?
7. If you could be any animal, what would you chose?
8. What is the funniest teaching moment you have encountered so far?
9. Winter or Summer?
10. What will you be doing over the holidays?
11. What is your favorite quote?
 
Last, please leave a comment if you accept the award, because I'd LOVE to read your answers. :)

6 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

I enjoyed getting to know you better! I love the reason why you became a teacher.

I am the mother to a kitty and a bunny...I love my fur babies dearly! =)

I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Being Inspired said...

Thanks so much for the nomination! :) It's so nice to know that I'm not the onyl one reading my little blog. I've actually been super lucky and just had a few other nominations too! You can check out my post on it here if you like - http://beinginspired-blog.blogspot.ie/2012/11/liebster-award-and-giveaway.html

More than Math by Mo said...

Thanks for the nomination! I just finished my post! Hop over when you get a minute to see my answers. I would also appreciate another follower. I'm giving away a free gift to my first 10 followers-I think I am at number 5. Thanks again I love your blog.

devin said...

We HAVE to be better teacher bloggers! I finally just posted on mine!

Teach*Pray*Love said...

Thank you so much for the nomination! I just finished my post ~ http://teachprayloveadventures.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html
Merry Christmas!
~Lauren

Primary Possibilities said...

I just found your blog!! Super darling blog!! I am now following you!! Stephanie

http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/2012/12/holly-bloggy-exchange.html

Post a Comment