Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving and Figurative Language


Hello, blog world!!

Thanksgiving is oh so close, and it's putting me in a wonderful mood! The Christmas music is playing, decorations are coming out, and everyone is shopping. Plus, school is out after tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a much needed break....even though I'll still be writing a thesis.

My fourth grade friends have been talking about figurative language... metaphors, similies, alliteration, personification, hyperbole, etc. We made talking turkeys who all had stories to tell. Of course, the stories were filled with lots of figurative language!!

Also found a really awesome video to teach similes and metaphors. Hits on pop culture through film, tv, music, etc. They LOVED it.





Then, after school I got to come home to one of my sweet babies laying in my bag. LOVE HIM!!




FREEBIES at my NEW TPT Store:





2 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

What a cute fur baby! My kitty is my blog helper. =)

I bet those turkeys turned out really cute AND funny! =)

I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance.

Heather
Heather's Heart

Danielle Chaney said...

Hi there! I have nominated you for the Leibster award! Stop on by my blog to read more about it! {I hope you follow me if you are not already following me - I am indeed following you!}

Danielle
http://classroom-cupcakes.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog.html

Post a Comment